From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: value conversions, and relative paths in Oak
Date Thu, 10 May 2012 12:43:10 GMT
On 2012-05-10 14:14, Julian Reschke wrote:
> OK, trying to summarize:
>
> - we allow relative paths inside path values; but we need to oakify them
> with respect to prefixes
>
> - open question: we allow relative paths such as ".." but does that
> imply we do not normalize at all?
>
> - relative paths in other methods (such as getNode()) are resolved to an
> absolute Oak path in oak-jcr
>
> I think this means we need a variant of getOakPath() that doesn't make
> the path absolute. Any preferences about whether this should be a flag
> or a new method?
>
> Best regards, Julian

I just chatted with Michael, and the revised plan is to let getOakPath()
to normalize relative paths as much as possible.

Which means that an attempt to set a path value to

   a/../b

would actually persist

I believe that's ok for real-world use. I also checked the spec and it
appears to be silent on that matter...

Best regards, Julian