From Julian Reschke <jresc...@adobe.com>
Subject session visibility
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 15:34:38 GMT
I was looking into

   SessionRemoveItemTest#testRemoveItem3()

where we test that a separate session B can still read a node while the
other session A has removed but not saved it.

In this case, B is instantiated *before* the test setup actually created
the test node using session A. So session B doesn't see it not because
it was removed but because it wasn't there in the first place when the
session was created.

Sure enough, the test passes if we add a refresh() on B before the check.

I *believe* this is indeed a bug in the test case, but wanted to
double-check what the current behavior is indeed by design, and that
we're not planning to change it.

If this is true, we probably should open a JCR JIRA issue for tracking
these kind of problems in the (former) TCK (that is, jackrabbit-jcr-tests).

Best regards, Julian