From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject [oak-core] offset and count parameters in NodeState.getChildNodeEntries
Date Wed, 02 May 2012 11:17:49 GMT

Hi,

Is there a uses case for having offset and count parameters in
NodeState.getChildNodeEntries (package
org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.spi.state)? The only one I can see is to do
lazy reading from the Microkernel. This can however also be done
implicitly by the implementation of getChildNodeEntries() instead of
explicitly by the API consumer.

These parameters are troublesome since they make decorating NodeState
instances to filter out certain child node entries difficult to
implement. In fact any such implementation would need to explicitly
iterate through up to the offset supplied which make the whole thing
pointless.

If no one objects, I'll remove these parameters and adapt
KernelNodeState to take care of lazy reading.

Michael