From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: oak api
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:31:04 GMT
Hi,

Am 11.04.2012 um 12:03 schrieb Michael Dürig:

> On 11.4.12 10:15, Felix Meschberger wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> But then: the move and copy methods look like out-of-band somehow and do not really
concern the state of the node itself but potentially completely unrelated ones.
>> I would move them somewhere else.
>
> That'd mean we need to introduce a Branch class on which those methods
> lived. Branch instances would then be returned from NodeStore.branch()
> and would additionally contain methods for obtaining NodeStateEditor
> instances.
>
> OTHO, those methods are not more out of band than Object.equals(). So in
> a way we are idiomatic ;-)

How is Object.equals(Object) out of band ? It returns information on equality of another object
with this.

NodeStateEditor.move(src, dst) moves a node(state) to another location. This is per-se urelated
to this NodeStateEditor.

But we could modify the API to actually related to this NodeStateEditor: NodeStateEditor.moveTo(dst)
and NodeStateEditor.copyTo(dst). This in fact also sounds less "side-effecty"

Regards
Felix