From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1331368 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/osgi/ oak-it/osgi/ oak-it/osgi/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/osgi/
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:58:56 GMT
Hi,

>My idea here is that any pluggable components passed to a
>ContentRepositoryImpl or other core class should be already
>initialized or be able to lazily initialize itself when needed.

I understand the concern about the lifecycle, but I would also like to
avoid reading from the repository in constructors.

For QueryIndexProvider, the simplest solution seems to be if init() is
called lazily (on demand) within the implementation (only when needed).
That seems to be sufficient.

I will update the code accordingly.

Regards,
Thomas