From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: (Re-)Moving mk packages from oak-core to oak-mk
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:30:47 GMT
Hi,

>Most of those packages are earlier MK work by Thomas. There's still
>quite a bit of useful stuff there like the various wrappers that are
>conceptually closer to oak-core than oak-mk, but they'd need to be
>updated to match the direction that the internals of oak-core have
>lately evolved towards.

Yes.

>AFAIUI nobody is currently actively working on that code, but I
>wouldn't like to just remove them until we've either refactored or
>replicated the existing functionality in there.

Yes.

> If people find the .mk
>package in -core confusing, we could for example rename the package to
>something like .todo until someone does a more thorough cleanup of the
>code.

Sounds good to me. To simplify debugging, I would like to keep the
LogWrapper. Some of the wrappers might be useful for clustering (for
example the VirtualRepositoryWrapper), but as we decided we will implement
clustering in a different way at the moment (the priority is now relying
on MongoDB clustering) it is not needed currently. The IndexWrapper is
similar - it might be useful for clustering, in combination with the
VirtualRepositoryWrapper. For the non-clustered case, it might make sense
to update the content index in a different way however.

The SecurityWrapper can be removed in my view, as we decided to implement
security in a different way.

Regards,
Thomas