From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: MicroKernel.getInstance
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:00:13 GMT
Hi,

We plan to support multiple MK implementations. I think we need to have a
pluggable solution, a solution that does not require to re-compile the
program just to be able to use a different MK implementation. Also, I
would prefer a solution that doesn't require a configuration file
(repository.xml) or the *need* to use OSGi or JNDI (but use OSGi if
available).

What about:

// replacement for MicroKernelFactory
// uses the Java ServiceLoader or OSGi if available
class MicroKernelManagerFactory {
  MicroKernelManager getManager(String uri);
}

// each MK implementation needs to implement this
interface MicroKernelManager {
  MicroKernel getMK();
  void dispose();
}