From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: oak-api and move operations
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 11:41:14 GMT
Hi,

>Tom, I think you are still miss reading things. This has nothing to do
>with transactions, 2 phase commit, isolation, etc. It is just a way how
>transient changes can be stored (written ahead) instead of kept in memory.

As far as I know, we want to support MicroKernel implementations that
store data in a relational or in a NoSQL database (for example MongoDB). I
don't know a relational or NoSQL database that natively supports branch()
and merge(). One way to support branch() on top of a relational database
is to use a (long running) transaction. It's true, probably 2 phase commit
is not required. For NoSQL databases, I don't know how it could be
implemented easily.

Regards,
Thomas