From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: oak-jcr: path handling
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 20:43:47 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 5:10 PM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> 1) use NameSpaceMappings in Oak-Core to keep track of
> JCRprefix<->namespace<->MKprefix mappings
>
> 2) expose it on ContentSession
>
> 3) In JCR Session (SessionImpl), delegate namespace mapping functionality
> (both repo and session) to ContentSession

Based on our discussion earlier today:

-1, I'd like to avoid any namespace remappings in the Oak API except
for the query parser part that's in any case more complicated. Also
the query parsers should just receive any applicable prefix and URI
mappings as additional parameters from the client, instead of relying
on any other source of namespace mapping information.

Instead all remappings should be done on the oak-jcr level based just
on the registry of stable prefix -> URI mappings stored in
oak-core/mk. We can put supporting utility code under .plugins.name
(or somewhere similar) in oak-core for reuse from oak-jcr, the query
parsers and the name validator.

BR,

Jukka Zitting