From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (Re-)Moving mk packages from oak-core to oak-mk
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:09:32 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 12:50 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> is anybody working on this? or does anybody know what was the
> status of that issue? can we remove those packages altogether or
> are the parts that need to be moved to the mk-module?

Most of those packages are earlier MK work by Thomas. There's still
quite a bit of useful stuff there like the various wrappers that are
conceptually closer to oak-core than oak-mk, but they'd need to be
updated to match the direction that the internals of oak-core have
lately evolved towards.

AFAIUI nobody is currently actively working on that code, but I
wouldn't like to just remove them until we've either refactored or
replicated the existing functionality in there. If people find the .mk
package in -core confusing, we could for example rename the package to
something like .todo until someone does a more thorough cleanup of the
code.

BR,

Jukka Zitting