From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different types of 'item modification' on oak-jcr (and oak-api)
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:54:00 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:30 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> The current API should be able to cope with transient modifications and
> non-transient modifications. The latter can be done by obtaining a new
> connection just for those changes.

IMHO a separate connection shouldn't be needed for that, just a
separate commit() against the same base state.

> The name reflects "transient" from JCR and should emphasis the fact that
> instances of this class are - in contrast to NodeState - not Immutable.
> However, we could rename this not MutableNodeState or something different if
> you prefer.

I'd rather not call such an interface *NodeState, as that suggests
something that ISA NodeState, and thus a specialization, not a
generalization of the supertype contract.

BR,

Jukka Zitting