From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: oak api : initial draft
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:58:06 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 12:20 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
> Am 30.03.2012 um 16:15 schrieb Jukka Zitting:
>> Do you have a concrete example in mind?
>
> When using the Jackrabbit file based API to load node types from CND files, there is
> generic exception thrown in most cases. This is nasty since I want to handle the case
> of missing required node type (e.g. an extended base type) and duplicate node type
> differently -- maybe even ignoring them in some cases.

Hmm, when you said "there should be a root exception" in the thread
earlier, were you referring to using the "root cause" exception as a
part of the API or a "base class" exception like the
RepositoryException in JCR? The above case sounds more like the
former, while my original interpretation of your words was the latter.

BR,

Jukka Zitting