From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MicroKernel.getInstance
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:36:42 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Thomas Mueller <mueller@adobe.com> wrote:
>>>Do you think this is not needed?
>>
>>Exactly.
>
> So, it is not needed?
>
>>Only the code that creates the MicroKernel instance should ever call
>>dispose()
>
> So, it is needed?
>
> Sorry I don't understand.

AFAICT all cases where we actually need to start up MicroKernel
instances (instead of just accessing one) already know which
implementation class to construct and how to dispose it once no longer
needed. Thus I don't see the need for a generic interface for either
starting up or disposing MicroKernels.

Do you know of cases where we would need such a generic interface? The
only case I know of is the MultiMkTestBase class, which I think is
better handled with the new MicroKernelFixture mechanism in oak-it-mk.

BR,

Jukka Zitting