From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Move classes from o.a.j.oak.kernel to o.a.j.oak.core
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:56:18 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
> i keep wondering what was the reason for keeping implementations
> of the oak-api in different packages. specifically i don't fully
> understand what was the logic behind having some classes
> in the oak.core package (KernelContentSession), while others
> are in the oak.kernel package (KernelPropertyState).

My original idea for the different packages was:

* .oak.kernel - type-safe wrapper (NodeState, etc.) for the
MicroKernel interface
* .oak.core - implementation of the Oak API based on .oak.kernel

Currently that distinction is a bit blurred, and I agree that it
should be fixed. However, instead of moving everything to the same
package, let's do something like this:

* Keep the MicroKernel wrappers in .oak.kernel
* Move the Oak API implementation classes to .oak.core
* Perhaps rename the classes in .oak.core from KernelSomething to
SomethingImpl to avoid confusion

> so, i would like to suggest that we move the classes from the
> kernel package to the core package.
> if nobody objects i would go ahead and commit the move later
> on today.

Does the above alternative sound good to you?

BR,

Jukka Zitting