From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Oak 0.2 release plan
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2012 07:33:35 GMT
Hi,

We're getting closer to the end of April and the 0.2 release, so
following up from the earlier roadmap [1], here's a list of issues I'd
love to see included in the release:

  * Basic CRUD operations over JCR and HTTP
  * Extension model for plugging in alternative storage backends
  * Basic in-cloud persistence (no performance or stability goals yet)
  * Clustering model that supports the above CRUD operations
  * Runnable jar with "join cluster" functionality
  * Oak API basics in place (as discussed)
  * JCR model with first batch of TCK tests passing
  * Query interfaces: one impl for parser, indexer, execution interfaces
  * Basic WebDAV(ex)-based removing (at least CRUD)
  * OSGi bundle packaging
  * MK garbage collection
  * Integration tests to verify the above
  * Basic performance tests for simple read and write scenarios

Some of this is already in place, some not yet, and some still needs
tweaking. I'll try to set these up in Jira so we can track progress
over the week, and hopefully cut the 0.2 release candidate either on
Friday or next Monday. Alex, you ready for some release action again?

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/7dhxklytr2xaoe24

BR,

Jukka Zitting