From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: oak api
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:46:56 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 5:49 PM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> Since these are needed in oak-mk, oak-core and oak-jcr we need either need
> to duplicate them or factor them out into separate module(s).

Let's just duplicate them and see how much they diverge over time. It
seems like we already have competing demands on things like value
handling so even though I didn't earlier like the idea of duplication
I guess it's the best approach for now.

To implement this, I'd leave the existing interfaces in oak-mk and
create copies under .oak.api in oak-core. The Scalar interface and the
corresponding implementation class are probably not needed in oak-mk,
so I assume they can be moved entirely to oak-core.

I can take care of this later tonight unless anyone beats me to it.

PS. I much prefer the earlier NodeStateBuilder name to
NodeStateEditor, since it emphasizes that we're building new
NodeStates instead of editing existing ones. According to the API
contract a NodeState should be immutable and thus not editable.

BR,

Jukka Zitting