From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject logging
Date Tue, 24 Apr 2012 12:54:16 GMT
Hi,

Running the tests I noticed that oak-jcr is missing a logging
implementation for the tests:
  Running org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.jcr.RepositoryTest
  SLF4J: Failed to load class "org.slf4j.impl.StaticLoggerBinder".
  SLF4J: Defaulting to no-operation (NOP) logger implementation
  SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#StaticLoggerBinder for further
details.

So looking at the logging dependencies in more detail:
 - oak-core:                    slf4j-api, jcl-over-slf4j,  logback-classic
1.0.0 as an impl for tests
 - oak-it/jcr & oak-it/mk:
logback-classic 1.0.1 as an impl for tests
 - oak-jcr:                      slf4j-api, jcl-over-slf4j,  missing
logging implementation for tests:

Suggestions
 - as far as I see the jcl-over-slf4j is unused, so it can be dropped from
oak-core and oak-jcr.
 - add a logging impl to the oak-jcr tests
 - there should be one version of logback-classic in use, probably 1.0.1

I can create an issue and take care of this, if it's not already on
somebody's radar.

thanks,
alex