From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: oak-jcr: path handling
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 16:31:36 GMT

On 22.4.12 13:20, Julian Reschke wrote:
> On 2012-04-21 01:41, Michael Dürig wrote:
>> I committed a prove of concept implementation of a NameSpaceRegistry in
>> r1328538. This implementation is in memory only but demonstrates how the
>> mapping between qualified names, expanded names and microkernel names
>> could be done. NameSpaceRegistry is in oak-core such that (1) oak-core
>  > ...
>
> Right now it does just prefix/prefix/ns (re-)mapping, right?
Yes

>> clients can discover jcr namespaces and their current prefixes and (2)
>> that oak-core can use it internally to find the microkernel names from
>> given jcr names.
>
> Ack. As you write in the TODO, it will then need to be exposed on
> ContentSession, so that oak-jcr can use it.

Yes. I didn't think of this too much but ContentSession is probably the
right place.

>> For session scoped mappings, oak-jcr should conceptually use its own set
>> of mappings and pass this down to oak-core whenever necessary (i.e. on
>> commit).
>
> So we would have remapping taking place both in oak-jcr and oak-core? I
> also do not understand what's special about commit() here; the session
> remappings are also needed for all read methods, such as getProperty and
> getNode().

oak-jcr will have to take care of session scoped re-mappings. Scrap my
remark re. commit, I got that wrong.

> It appears we have a clear understanding of what a JCR path is (as
> specified in JCR 2.0), of what a MK path is, but not what kind of paths
> we pass down from oak-jcr to oak-core...

I commited org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.namepath.Paths in the same revision
to start clarifying this. See the class comment. My idea is, to use JCR
paths where each element is a qualified name without an index. The
prefix is then interpreted wrt. the registered namespaces.

Michael