From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: oak-jcr: path handling
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:20:28 GMT
On 2012-04-21 01:41, Michael Dürig wrote:
> I committed a prove of concept implementation of a NameSpaceRegistry in
> r1328538. This implementation is in memory only but demonstrates how the
> mapping between qualified names, expanded names and microkernel names
> could be done. NameSpaceRegistry is in oak-core such that (1) oak-core

Right now it does just prefix/prefix/ns (re-)mapping, right?

> clients can discover jcr namespaces and their current prefixes and (2)
> that oak-core can use it internally to find the microkernel names from
> given jcr names.

Ack. As you write in the TODO, it will then need to be exposed on
ContentSession, so that oak-jcr can use it.

> For session scoped mappings, oak-jcr should conceptually use its own set
> of mappings and pass this down to oak-core whenever necessary (i.e. on
> commit).

So we would have remapping taking place both in oak-jcr and oak-core? I
also do not understand what's special about commit() here; the session
remappings are also needed for all read methods, such as getProperty and
getNode().

It appears we have a clear understanding of what a JCR path is (as
specified in JCR 2.0), of what a MK path is, but not what kind of paths
we pass down from oak-jcr to oak-core...

Best regards, Julian