From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: oak-jcr: path handling
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:41:01 GMT

On 20.4.12 16:34, Julian Reschke wrote:

>>> It appears the path of least resistance for now would be to
>>>
>>> a) put all the mapping logic into oak-jcr, which includes
>>>
>>> b) just assuming a certain place in the content tree for the mappings.
>>>
>>> Once we have this working we can still decide what needs to be pushed
>>> down.
>>>
>>> Makes sense?
>>
>> Yes. Only that I'm not sure whether oak-jcr is the right place. I think
>> there is no reason to make the mk prefixes visible outside oak-core.
>>
>> Michael
>
> So move it all down into oak-core? That'll require that oak core handles
> session-scoped namespace mapping changes...

I committed a prove of concept implementation of a NameSpaceRegistry in
r1328538. This implementation is in memory only but demonstrates how the
mapping between qualified names, expanded names and microkernel names
could be done. NameSpaceRegistry is in oak-core such that (1) oak-core
clients can discover jcr namespaces and their current prefixes and (2)
that oak-core can use it internally to find the microkernel names from
given jcr names.

For session scoped mappings, oak-jcr should conceptually use its own set
of mappings and pass this down to oak-core whenever necessary (i.e. on
commit).

Michael