From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Oak API - a top down look
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:10:20 GMT

On 20.4.12 10:35, Angela Schreiber wrote:
> hi michael
>
>>> That's not my point. My point was, that we can get the same behaviour on
>>> the JCR API as we currently have through the ContentTree methods as I
>>> sketched them earlier.
>
> i thought about it, slept over it. my assessment right now is, that
> this will not be possible. let me suggest the following:
> we keep it for the time being and i try to get some basic ac-eval ready
> as fast as possible so we can argue about facts. in the mean time
> i would appreciate if you could think about the alternative solutions,
> in case my estimate would be proven right.

Ack. I also slept over it and came to the conclusion that the trouble
might not be worth it. Re. alternative solutions: wouldn't it be
sufficient to have the navigation methods on ContentTree accept relative
paths instead of just names? That is,

   interface ContentTree {
       ContentTree getParent();
       ContentTree getChild(String relPath);
       // ...
     }

To keep things simple I wouldn't allow for .. and . in relPath though.

Michael