From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Oak API - a top down look
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:49:00 GMT
hi michael

just to make it short:

>> that's not sufficient IMO. if the content tree presents the
>> "Node" than it might simply be that you don't have access to it
>> due to access constraints that are are being enforced in oak-core.
>
> Well the peculiarities of this is what I wanted to find out about in the
> questions in my original mail... Anyway, I find it odd that one should
> be able to access say /x/y but not /x. That is, there is no difference
> from having an x which you can't to nothing with but use it to retrieve
> its child y and being able to retrieve /x/y directly.

even if you find it odd, there are real use case for that (in
contrast to the repo-view ;). maybe you can set 2 hours aside and
take a look at the software your employer is selling? ;-)

honestly, this was the first thing we had to fix both in jackrabbit-core
and in jcr2spi... in the latter case it even
was another company that pushed to me to make that change.

kind regards
angela