From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject oak-jcr: path handling
Date Wed, 18 Apr 2012 15:14:14 GMT
Hi there,

to get more of the TCK passing, we really need to get the path handling

Reminder, this involves:

1) handling expanded names,

2) handling identifier pathsa, and

3) mapping (and occasionally creating) namespace prefixes.

We have decided early on that the MK persists prefixes, not namespace
names, plus mapping information (*). It may seem like this makes things
easier, but it does not; the namespace mapping used by the JCR client
may be different from the one in the MK, so remapping needs to happen in
any case.

Let's use "jcr path" and "mk path" (and * name) as terminology here.

Where does this mapping need to happen? oak-jcr or oak-core?

Also, I'd like to point out that spi-commons already has necessary
concepts for this; do we *really* want to reinvent that?

Best regards, Julian

(*) I'm still unhappy about that, for the record.

View raw message