From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Encoding of JCR values in json
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2012 17:43:18 GMT
hi michael

> On a related note: what kind of values do we want to expose from
> oak-core? JSON like or JCR like?

i would prefer JCR like on the oak-API level and only have an
intermediate JSON serialization if there was remoting involved
in the communication between oak-jcr and oak-core (don't think
this is the standard setup).

the main reason for that is that we want to push the validation
and query into the oak-core layer. so imo the oak-core layer
needs to be aware of property types and therefore i don't
see an urgent need for extra conversion of values on that layer.
thinking for example of property definitions (nt),
value constraints, restrictions within access control entries
or specific queries.

kind regards
angela