From Julian Reschke <julian.resc...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "Jsop" by JulianReschke
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2012 14:37:22 GMT
On 2012-04-05 16:31, Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
>> Well.
>>
>> If "/" is allowed in object names (in a role other than a path separator),
>> we need to be able to escape them.
>>
>> If we don't need them, there's nothing to worry about in practice, as the
>> escaping will never happen for us...
>
> /me confused ;)
>
> i agree that in our current use of this format within oak it won't be a problem
> since "/" cannot occur in a name.
>
> however, you said that if JSOP diff (or whatever it's going to be
> callled) is positioned
> as a generic patch format for JSON, we do have to deal with ^/ in paths/names,
> i.e. JSOP protocol implementations need to be able to handle it.

*If* it is positioned as that.

I believe that's David and a few others want, but at some point of time
we need to decide on that.

> are you arguing for positioning JSOP diff as a generic patch format for JSON
> or against?

I personally don't care.

I believe the reduced verbosity isn't worth defining a second format (in
addition to JSON-Patch), but if people like it so much we can do it. But:

- we need to decide, and

- if we do it, we need to bite the bullet and make it generically
applicable.

David?

Best regards, Julian