From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: oak-api and move operations
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2012 09:23:36 GMT
hi

>>       String addLotsOfData(MicroKernel mk) {
>>           String baseRevision = mk.getHeadRevision();
>>           String branchRevision = mk.branch(baseRevision);
>>           for (int i = 0; i<   1000000; i++) {
>>               branchRevision = mk.commit(
>>                   "/", "+\"node" + i + "\":{}", branchRevision, null);
>>           }
>>           return mk.merge(branchRevision, baseRevision);
>>       }
>>

> This seems like a nice approach to me. I think we should adopt it for
> the higher level API also. See revision 1308129.

but please be aware that we need to make sure that we need
to have a separate layer in place that enforces authorization
and prevents direct write operations on the MK from higher
levels... or the other way round: if we expose the MK to
higher levels we have to move both the complete authentication and
authorization process on the MK layer, which would look quite
wrong to me.

angela