From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lifetime of revision identifiers
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2012 20:26:57 GMT

Hi,

Couldn't we just block a revision from being garbage collected for a
certain (configurable) time each time it is accessed? That would
correspond to the lease model where acquiring/extending the lease is
implicitly done on access.

In general I wouldn't worry too much about garbage collection until we
have some figures on how much garbage actually accumulates.

Michael