From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: oak api : initial draft
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2012 10:20:22 GMT
Hi,

Am 30.03.2012 um 16:15 schrieb Jukka Zitting:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:24 PM, Felix Meschberger <fmeschbe@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Well, if I cannot do anything about the exception, this is a sure sign
>> for a RuntimeException. But I might still want to catch them regardless
>> of the actual detail and do something about it.
>
> Do you have a concrete example in mind?

When using the Jackrabbit file based API to load node types from CND files, there is  generic
exception thrown in most cases. This is nasty since I want to handle the case of missing required
node type (e.g. an extended base type) and duplicate node type differently -- maybe even ignoring
them in some cases.

The only solution in this case was to analze the actual exception message ...

Regards
Felix