From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: full text search improvements
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 13:36:32 GMT

On Mar 26, 2012, at 09:31 , Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> 3) "cleaner" data in results
>>
>> This goes into the discussion of what the query result abstraction in
>> the Oak API should look like. Breaking the requirement that all query
>> results be directly linked to nodes in the repository should go a long
>> way here, but it also opens up the issue of how such results relate
>> with access controls. We need to put some thought into this...
>
> Access controls is indeed important, and difficult.

indeed.

in this way its also a nice option to allow users to hook in Solr/ElasticSearch because it
means that for features where we have not yet figured out a solution (like ACLs on facettes)
users can already get going by passing Jackrabbit for user cases where it makes sense without
setting an unfortunate precedent with partially working features via the normal API that need
to be broken later on.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org