From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Integration Tests with TCK
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 15:55:15 GMT
Hi,

Am 08.03.2012 um 06:57 schrieb Angela Schreiber:

> hi
>
> in addition to the proposal by jukka to setup benchmarks
> i would like to suggest to soon setup integration testing
> that also test jr3 against the TCK.
>
> imo it's important that we identify implementation
> details that violate the JCR specification early in the
> process.
>
> this will not only allow us to take conscious
> decisions regarding compliance violations but will also
> be very important to spot possible issues that will arise
> with migration of JCR applications to jackrabbit3.
> (thinking of apps like sling or cq that relying on quite
>  some jr2 implementation details that are also reflected
>  in the TCK :-).

Good point. Of course, I would be very interested to hear about such implementation dependencies
to be able to fix them in Sling.

> what do you think?

Absolutey !

I even would go a step further: A new persistence abstraction - the Mikrokernel API - is defined.
We might even create kind of TCK for this API such that multiple implementation (we expect
to come up over time) can be tested against that common TCK and the rest of Oak using the
Mikrokernel can depend on the Mikrokernel contracts.

Regards
Felix