From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Exceptions used in oak-core
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:04:15 GMT
Hi,

>As a general rule I'd rather avoid having a JCR dependency in
>oak-core, but obviously it doesn't make much sense to just duplicate
>all JCR exceptions in Oak.

One important point is how to deal with checked exceptions in an iterator,
in a Comparable, and so on. It would be nice if such code wouldn't have to
convert checked exceptions to runtime exceptions and back to checked
exceptions. But that would be hard to avoid if we use JCR exceptions in
oak-core.

A nice-to-have is to include the oak (build-) version in the exception
message. I think it helps a lot to analyze problems. It should be fairly
simple to do if we use a special exception base class.

Regards,
Thomas