From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: MicroKernel API vs. protocol
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:07:21 GMT
Hi,

One advantage of the current MicroKernel interface is it kind of forces us
to think about what nodes we really want to read, in order to reduce the
number of calls. That's an advantage if we want to use the MicroKernel API
for remoting (or JNI) in the future. Of course it's an option question
whether we will really ever use it in such a way :-)

>NodeState getRootNodeState(String revision)
>
>WDYT?

If we would use such an interface, we wouldn't have to think about what
nodes we are actually interested in. That's an advantage and a
disadvantage of course.

Regards,
Thomas