From Thomas Mueller <muel...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: On setting component boundaries in Oak
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 13:38:55 GMT
Hi,

>therefore i would strongly suggest to separate jcr-transient
>space from an "SPI" layer from the very beginning.

Yes, I think we all agree on about the separation. What we not seem to
agree is if separate packages is a good enough separation for now, or if
it needs to be separate projects right from the start. I think multiple
packages is good enough separation for now, while it doesn't slow us down
as splitting things into multiple projects would.

Please note there will be quite a lot of common code used in both the
transient space and the SPI. Do you like us to create a separate project
for that, also right from the start? Would you also create another project
for the common code used by the MicroKernel, the "SPI", and the transient
space?

Regards,
Thomas