From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: oak-api and move operations
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:48:39 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:25 PM, Michael Dürig <michid@gmail.com> wrote:
> While this is not a problem for the user of the API, I think it is
> problematic for the implementer: AFAIKT there is no way to
> reliably recover move and copy operations just by comparing
> raw trees (*).

Git does this quite successfully. Is there some reason why we couldn't
use a similar algorithm?

More generally, what's the use case where this functionality is
needed? I'd be happy to even drop support for NODE_MOVED observation
events unless we have real clients that actually require that
information (as opposed to just create/update/delete events).

BR,

Jukka Zitting