From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On setting component boundaries in Oak
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2012 13:46:37 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Stefan Guggisberg
<stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:15 PM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@adobe.com> wrote:
>> therefore i would strongly suggest to separate jcr-transient
>> space from an "SPI" layer from the very beginning. based on
>> my experience both with jackrabbit-core and being the author
>> of the v1 SPI i am convinced that we should start with that
>> separation from the beginning and force ourselves to clearly
>> distinguish between the two.
>
> +1, i absolutely agree with angela.

Makes sense to me too. So, to clarify the intended structure, I draw a
quick draft of how our components could fit together:

    http://people.apache.org/~jukka/2012/oak-overview.png

"Oak" here is oak-core exposing it's functionality through a
yet-undefined Oak SPI, "JCR" the proposed oak-jcr component, etc.

Later on we may want to split up the big Oak box to smaller pieces,
but I propose that we use the current oak-core component until we have
a clearer picture of where and how mode detailed subcomponent
boundaries should be drawn.

BR,

Jukka Zitting