From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit Oak 0.1 release plan (Was: [jr3] Release roadmap)
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2012 12:59:36 GMT
Hi,

Now that we have the basics for Oak in place, it's time to start
setting some milestones. My proposal for the first one, as discussed
earlier, is:

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:15 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> * 0.1 - March 2012
>  * Basic JCR and HTTP interfaces (Hello, World!)
>  * In-memory storage (no-need for persistence yet)
>  * Runnable jar for easy deployment
>  * Integration tests to verify the above

That should be pretty easy to achieve, especially since we're using
the existing microkernel work as a starting point. The main point at
this point is to get us to the habit of releasing early and often.

Given the branding concerns of the term Oak alone, we'll be using
(Apache) Jackrabbit Oak to refer to the release.

I propose we target the last week of March for this release, which
gives us two weeks to flesh out any missing details. Let's use the
"0.1" version label in Jira to record the more detailed set of
functionality that should be included in this release.

Does anyone want to volunteer as the release manager? This would be a
good opportunity for us to broaden RM experience within the Jackrabbit
PMC.

BR,

Jukka Zitting