From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Values in oak-core
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:18:53 GMT
Hi,

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 12:16 AM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:
> That's actually the way I look at it. However moving Scalar to oak-mk would
> require us to have a dependency from oak-jcr to oak-mk which I think we
> shouldn't.

See why I would have like to keep oak-core and -mk in the same
component until we figure out where the ideal component boundary lies?
:-)

For now I'd say we move Scalar to oak-mk to be a part of the internal
tree model there, and use it also in oak-core and ultimately oak-jcr
through the .oak.kernel package. Once the design is finished, we can
make a clearer separation between the components.

> But let's not get caught up with this. I can live with Scalar being an
> interface.

OK. We can revisit this later on as the implementation stabilizes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting