From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re (OAK-36) Implement a query parser - what about indexing?
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:47:16 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> I've one more question regarding the oak search/indexes : Will we be
> able to query that returns something else than jcr nodes/rows?

I think we need to, especially since we can't really do faceting if
all return values need to be tied to individual nodes.

I'm not yet sure what the exact query result abstraction in the Oak
API should look like. Ideas welcome.

The simple approach would be to just abstract the existing
.oak.query.Row class to a documented interface, but I'm not sure if
the current design covers all potential use cases.

BR,

Jukka Zitting