From Justin Edelson <jus...@justinedelson.com>
Subject Re: Re (OAK-36) Implement a query parser - what about indexing?
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 17:57:43 GMT
On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 5:40 AM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com>wrote:

> Although I am on thin ice here, I think there are hardly any noSQL
> stores out there that actually include full text indexes.

Yes, but the goal of Oak explicitly says "The implementation should provide
more out-of-the-box functionality than typical NoSQL databases while
achieving comparable levels of scalability and performance."

> I think we
> shouldn't try to address it in the repository, but rather provide some
> tooling to easily setup a (external) full text index (like plain
> Lucene, or use Solr/Elastic search) according someones exact needs
> (like, which analyzer to use for which part of the content, which
> properties should be stored, which properties should be analyzed in
> which ways, which properties are meant for TrieRanges,  etc etc)

I agree that for many use cases a separate index is appropriate. That
doesn't obviate the need/appropriateness for an internal full-text search

Justin