From Jörg Hoh <jhoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Online backup
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2012 22:32:55 GMT
Hi,

I already brought up this topic with Thomas Müller, but he asked me to
discuss it directly here on oak-dev. So here it goes.

We should have the possibility to create backup during normal operation of
the repository, without shutting down the repository and without major
impact to read or write performance. A true online backup. A bonus would be
if this backup facility is additionally able to produce a diff to the
latest backup (incremental backup).
Besides the scalability topics already discussed I see this as a major
painpoint in projects.

cheers,
Jörg