From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re (OAK-36) Implement a query parser - what about indexing?
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2012 11:39:07 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Michael Dürig <mduerig@apache.org> wrote:

> On 21.3.12 23:13, Alex Parvulescu wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've started to scratch the surface a little bit on the subject of
>> queries.
>>
>> OAK-36 covers the Query implementation effort, but I'm wondering if now
>> would be a good time to mention indexing as well.
>>

> We should create a separate JIRA issue for the query execution engine. See
> my last comment on OAK-28. I thought it would be too early for that
> yesterday but since there seems to be some effort already in this area I
> think we should go ahead.

Sorry for not being clear enough. I'm talking about indexing.
If you see the query result as a filtered output of the index, I'm looking
for a way to build the input side.
As far as I know you need some sort of observation events to know whenever
a node has been added/changed so you can keep the index up to date.

Am I making more sense now? :)

alex