From Alex Parvulescu <alex.parvule...@gmail.com>
Subject Re (OAK-36) Implement a query parser - what about indexing?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2012 23:13:39 GMT
Hi,

I've started to scratch the surface a little bit on the subject of queries.

OAK-36 covers the Query implementation effort, but I'm wondering if now
would be a good time to mention indexing as well.

We want to have dedicated indexes, I think that would be accomplished via
observation.
Any ideas about the availability of this feature?

The current index implementation just traverses the existing nodes (albeit
applying some path constraints first), but still it doesn't have (for a
lack of a better word) a local dedicated index.
This helps with testing the query parser & friends, but a lucene based
query engine needs events to update its data.

thoughts?

best,
alex

[0] http://markmail.org/message/vv7mohr22uqdugah