From Lukas Kahwe Smith <...@pooteeweet.org>
Subject Re: full text search improvements
Date Mon, 26 Mar 2012 14:14:47 GMT

On Mar 26, 2012, at 10:10 , Ard Schrijvers wrote:

> I am not sure if it would be an issue for oak, but for jr 1 and 2, we
> build up jcr session keeping virtual node states in memory : This can
> grow too large, and it not easy to limit. Also, since we have many
> millions in jcr nodes while only a couple of hundred of thousands of
> documents in general, the build in faceted navigation is too cpu
> demanding.

so how do users currently "define" such virtual nodes?
are they are simply a specialized node type in which one stores the facetting query as a property?

or are they ad hoc like SQL2 queries?

i can see a use case for both, though the later is more important to me than the former

> Another disadvantage imo of our current 'seamless' integration of
> exposing faceted navigation over virtual layers, is that you cannot
> write to these nodes : Some virtual nodes don't even have a canonical
> equivalent. This makes the virtual structure also less obvious to use
> fro third parties

well thats to be expected from results of aggregation.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
mls@pooteeweet.org