From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: oak api : initial draft
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:29:37 GMT

On 29.3.12 11:20, Angela Schreiber wrote:
> hi michi
>
>>> i am not sure if we can really easily implement things like workspace
>>> management: for example creating a new workspace needs some initial
>>> workspace setup (creating the root node, initial permissions, users) and
>>> i doubt that oak-jcr was the right place to do that.
>>>
>> What about an solution which covers both, workspace bound connections
>> and repository bound connections? In such a setup you'd get a workspace
>> bound connection from the RepositoryService and you could get a
>> Repository bound connection from the a given Connection. The latter
>> could then be used for cross workspace operations.
>
> why not... let's give it a try.
> but let's keep the following aspects in mind:

I added this in revision 1306786 and 1306787. However we might want to
further refine this into a WorkspaceConnection and a
RepositoryConnection in case it turns out that too many of the methods
on Connection don't make sense for both. But for the time being let of
with this and see if it works at all.

Michael