From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: oak api : initial draft
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:20:11 GMT
hi michi

>> i am not sure if we can really easily implement things like workspace
>> management: for example creating a new workspace needs some initial
>> workspace setup (creating the root node, initial permissions, users) and
>> i doubt that oak-jcr was the right place to do that.
> What about an solution which covers both, workspace bound connections
> and repository bound connections? In such a setup you'd get a workspace
> bound connection from the RepositoryService and you could get a
> Repository bound connection from the a given Connection. The latter
> could then be used for cross workspace operations.

why not... let's give it a try.
but let's keep the following aspects in mind:

- the oak-api boundary has to offer the ability for remoting in
   some way or the other.
- the oak-api implementation (oak-core) should be responsible for
   all the consistency checks and overall system security.
- how does it feel from a API design perspective that the oak-api
   will expose versioning methods, query, possibly locking. there
   needs also be some sort of 'hasPermission' check...

we will hopefully see pretty soon if that works and if the API
looks consistent and complete.

View raw message