From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: oak api : initial draft
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:09:16 GMT
hi michi

>> furthermore, having slept over the 'Connection' interface i am not
>> so confident any more that it's name really fits the purpose
>> that i was looking for... for me 'Connection' sounds very
>> vague. i am fine with that for the time being as we are still
>> very vague and just need something to get started. but i in the
>> long run this may need some refinement.
>
> I quite like the name Connection and the idea of merging it with
> SessionInfo and have the Connection provide access to some AuthInfo. To
> me SessionInfo sounds vague ;-) Anyhow, I attached a patch to OAK-18
> demonstrating my line of thinking.

AuthInfo or SessionInfo... both fine with me.
similarly i can live with that info being exposed from the Connection
and that latter being Closeable.

feel free to apply the patch. i think it's important that we play
around with draft code, get a feeling if the pros and cons while using
it. and last but not least changing each others draft code will help
us become familiar with each others code and reach consensus on
how to built that oak-api (that's my feeling).

kind
regards
angela