From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1305860 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api/impl/ oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/ oak-jcr/src/test/java/o...
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2012 06:50:48 GMT
hi michi

thanks for commenting. very much appreciated.

> I added the removed tests back and marked them as ignored. I think we
> should keep them for the time being until we have the same coverage from
> another test suite. We can then decide what to do with them.

thanks... that's obviously better (but i was in a hurry).

>> Added: jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api/SessionInfo.java
> [...]
>> +
>> +    /**
>> +     * Returns the current revision the associated session is operating on.
>> +     * Upon creation of a given {@code SessionInfo} instance the initial
>> +     * revision is always set to the head revision. Upon successful commit
>> +     * of changes the revision is reset to match the latest state.
>> +     *
>> +     * TODO: define how the desired initial revision is passed to the oak-api /
>> +     * TODO: define how and when the revision is updated (would a setRevision required?
and who would use it?)
> I wouldn't add support for setting the revision through the API. This
> should only happen as a result of some higher level API like save() and
> refresh() and possibly others.

ok. glad to hear... that was my impression as well, but i would
be open in case there was some compelling reason for having it.

>> +     * TODO: define default value (head-revision?)

> The head revision seem like the correct default value to me.

fine with me.
i will clean up the TODOs in that case. regarding defining the revision
upon initial login, that could be achieved by an attribute on the
credentials.... but that's definitely not a first prio issue to solve.

kind regards

View raw message