From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1305860 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api/impl/ oak-jcr/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/ oak-jcr/src/test/java/org/a...
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2012 15:59:39 GMT

On 27.3.12 16:00, angela@apache.org wrote:
> Author: angela
> Date: Tue Mar 27 15:00:42 2012
> New Revision: 1305860

> Log:
> OAK-15 : Clean up oak-jcr
>
> - move login to oak-core (work in progress)
> - remove workspace mgt from oak-jcr (->  should go to oak-core)

This looks pretty good to me and takes the direction I initially intended.

[...]

> Modified:
[...]
>      jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-jcr/src/test/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/jcr/RepositoryTest.java

I added the removed tests back and marked them as ignored. I think we
should keep them for the time being until we have the same coverage from
another test suite. We can then decide what to do with them.

> Added: jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/api/SessionInfo.java
[...]

> +
> +    /**
> +     * Returns the current revision the associated session is operating on.
> +     * Upon creation of a given {@code SessionInfo} instance the initial
> +     * revision is always set to the head revision. Upon successful commit
> +     * of changes the revision is reset to match the latest state.
> +     *
> +     * TODO: define how the desired initial revision is passed to the oak-api / mk
> +     * TODO: define how and when the revision is updated (would a setRevision required?
and who would use it?)

I wouldn't add support for setting the revision through the API. This
should only happen as a result of some higher level API like save() and
refresh() and possibly others.

> +     * TODO: define default value (head-revision?)

The head revision seem like the correct default value to me.

Michael