From Michael Dürig <mdue...@apache.org>
Subject Values in oak-core
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 18:48:52 GMT

Hi,

I worked on OAK-33: Values in oak-core today and came up with a default
implementation of Scalar [1]. Some things, especially in the area of
binary handling, are still unfinished and marked with todo.

Some thoughts:

- I think we should add a method to PropertyState for accessing the
value as Scalar. However this would introduce a circular dependency
between oak-core and oak-mk. How should we proceed here?

- Does it really make sense to allow for multiple Scalar
implementations? Shouldn't we just have one final class for that?

Michael

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jackrabbit/oak/trunk/oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/ScalarImpl.java?view=markup