From Angela Schreiber <anch...@adobe.com>
Subject Request for Common Vocabulary
Date Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:47:40 GMT
hi

based on my experience over the past couple of weeks i would like
to suggest that we try to get rid of that naming confusion that we
are currently having with 'repository', 'node' and define some sort
of common vocabulary.

i keep getting private mails the seem to be using the term
'repository' for all kind of obscure entities. this makes
communication extremely cumbersome.

for me being a long term jackrabbit developer and JCR expert
group member the following was the easiest:

'repo'       -> by default refers to a JCR repository
'repository' -> same as repo
'workspace'  -> by default refers to a JCR workspace
'node'       -> by default refers to a JCR node

just to start with a couple of terms that i came across.

angela